I can honestly tell you this glute workout gave both myself and Holly the best ‘glute pump’ I have had for ages! You can watch the video, or follow the workout below.
Activation: 16 band monster walks & 12 bodyweight squats x 3
1) 5 x 15 dumbbell sumo squat
2) 5 x 12 barbell hip thrusts (3 sets with no band, 2 sets with a band)
3) Superset: 12 good mornings & 10 per leg single leg Romanians x4
4) Superset: 10 band front squats & 10 band back squats x3
5) Superset: 90 band seated hip abduction (30 leaning backwards, 30 sat upright, 30 leaning forwards) & 20 double-banded hip thrusts x3
6) Burnout: 3 x as many reps as possible side lying hip raises.
GLUTE GUIDE: http://lucydavis.fitness/perfect-peach/
Where I get my resistance bands from:
- Black medium hip circle: http://www.letstrain.info/hip-circle/
- Latex red band, 41”, 23kg resistance: https://www.strengthshop.co.uk/conditioning/resistance-bands/strength-shop-premium-latex-resistance-band-41-no-2-red.html
- Latex red band, 41”, 16kg resistance: https://www.strengthshop.co.uk/conditioning/resistance-bands/strength-shop-premium-latex-resistance-band-41-no-1-purple.html