- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted and peeled (7 ounce)
- 3 tablespoons (42g), virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1-cup (160g) coconut palm sugar (OR ¾ cup (150g) granulated sugar)
- 3 eggs (150g weighed out of shell) beaten
- 1-tea spoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup & 2 tablespoons (50g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup (35g) gluten-free flour (or an equal amount sweet white rice flour)
- Pre heat oven to 350° F (177° C / Gas mark 4). Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Using a blender/food processor, place the peeled and pitted avocado, coconut oil and sugar, and blend or process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, place the eggs, vanilla and avocado mixture, and whisk to combine well.
- Then add the cocoa powder, backing soda, salt and flour, mixing to combine after each addition.
Your mixture should be thick, soft and shiny!
- Scrape the batter into the pre-prepared pan. And using a wet spatula, spread into an even layer.
- Place the pan in the centre of the preheated oven until set in the centre and a toothpick inserted comes out with a few moist crumbs attached – this is usually about 20 MINUTES. Be careful not to over bake.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool. After 10 minutes at room temperature, the pan can be placed in the refrigerator to chill (making slicing a little easier).
- After 10 minutes, remove the pan by holding onto the parchment paper and placing on a flat surface. If you want you can drizzle any topping of your choice on top of the brownies, we chosen white chocolate!
- With a sharp knife, slice into squares and serve chilled or at room temperature.
To follow the recipe online, simple click the link below: